The following email was sent to all parents and carers yesterday:
Dear Parents/ Carers,
Happy new year and welcome back to the start of the Spring term 2021.
As you are aware the school is only open for children of key workers, children with an EHCP or vulnerable children.
We are very pleased that during this Tier 4 closure we are able to offer online live lessons.
These will be available on Microsoft Teams for years 1 to 6.
Each child has their own individual log in. Children in Reception and year 1 will be provided with an additional pack of learning resources in order to support their learning at home.
Careful consideration has been given to the timetabling of live sessions so that all children in West Hill school receive the same offer.
The timetable of learning for children in years 1 to 6 will cover all areas of the curriculum. The learning will be a mixture of live lessons, recorded lessons and independent activities.
You will be receiving an email from your child’s class teacher which will provide further detail as to what the remote learning looks like in the coming weeks.
We recognise that connectivity is challenging. All lessons will be recorded and uploaded to Microsoft Teams. These can then be viewed at another time.
Safe Remote Learning
Please ensure the following when accessing remote learning:
• Children should be appropriately dressed to attend the meeting
• Please join the meeting on ‘mute’
• Please attend the meeting whilst sitting in an appropriate place, if possible this should not be a bedroom
• Please can an adult be present in the room during every live lesson, but not on screen
• Behaviour expectations for children remain the same as if your child were in school
• Please be on time
• Interaction should only be between the pupil and the teacher
• All lessons are recorded
• All emails and chats are recorded
• If any ‘safe remote learning’ expectations are not met your child may be asked to leave the live session
Thank you for all the kind emails and messages of support we have received.
We recognise that this is a challenging and difficult time for everybody in our community.
We remain committed to providing the very best education for your child.
As always we are very proud of the resilience, creativity and positivity that the team at West Hill continue to show.
Mrs L Carmen and Mrs A Healy
Co- Head Teachers
West Hill Primary school