We are pleased to say we will be supporting Red Nose Day again this year at West Hill Primary School. Red Nose Day is on Friday 19th March.
Clothes and donation:
• All children can wear their own clothes including at least one red accessory or item of clothing, or as much red as they like.
• We are asking children to bring in a £1 donation which Year 6 house captains will collect at the school gates in the morning
• There will be a 30-40minute activity each class will do on the day, which will show how the money raised by Comic Relief has helps children overcome difficulties.
• In class children will talk about the importance of laughter and making people smile. How does laughter help? How does sharing a joke with some friends make difficult times easier?
• Early Years and KS1: Children will be given a blank poster that they could draw a funny picture (e.g. a person with a clown’s head, astronaut’s body and chicken legs).
• Years 3, 4, 5 and 6: Children will be given a blank poster, they will use this to write joke or riddle.
• Children will then take their poster home and stick it in their front window for someone to see when they walk past.
End of the day:
At the end of the day each child will receive a Comic Relief sticker.
We look forward to a fun day.
Thank you for your support.